I think there are actually a couple of solutions here.

1)  Do not put user proclibs in JES2.  Use the JCLLIB statement instead.
2)  If you do put a user proclib in JES2 then make it with only primary
allocation and no seconday.  Allow for growth.  If it fills up then use the
JCLLIB statement
3)  If you do need to compress a proclib in JES2 be aware during the compress
process you can get I/O errors while the JCL is trying to convert.  Just
resubmit the job.

To compress:

Use DISP=SHR in the COMPRESS JCL (usually IEBCOPY).
Next have a second batch job ready to go to access a proc in a different
PROCxxx statement.  It is okay to use a dummy.  This process causes JES2 to
close and reopen PROC00.  JES2 remembers the members TTR pointers and keeps
them in storage, so it does not need to read the proclibs everytime to find out
where they are.  The use of the other PROCxxx entry is to force JES2 to relearn
the TTR pointers.

Be prepared to have jobs resubmitted should they get I/O errors during
conversion.

My preference is to always use a JCLLIB for everything except SYSTEM Proclibs.
And to always allocate my system proclibs with only primary and very big.  If
you do have proclibs that have secondary extents, always scheule a compress job
weekly when batch can be quiesced.

Lizette