On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:28:40 -0600, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> It may take a little longer, but I don't mind going into each
>> member and doing an ISPF CHANGE ALL command for "tape_unt" and
>> "vend_hlq" to whatever I need.  If I know I will do a lot of this
>>
>At least two contributors to this thread would take umbrage
>at those subjects which use minuscules.

Each to their own.  I don't mind the lower case because my change
command will change it to upper.  But if it would make everyone
happy, there is nothing wrong with it being in upper case ("VEND_HLQ")
as long as it's unique so something doesn't accidently get changed.

>> I just set up a quick and dirty "CHGIT" edit macro and use that
>> when I edit the sample member before submitting / saving it.
>>
>Would it help if the vendor supplied a sample "CHGIT"?

Sure.  It would save me the time it takes to look through some
of the install sample jobs and see what "variables" need to be
changed.   Make sure you explain that it needs to go in a
SYSPROC/SYSEXEC lib or supply another clist/exec that can
be executed directly to set up a ALTLIB.

Back to the "autocust" installs... Some vendors who supply
them also provide alternate install instructions to do it the
way I prefer.   That is a great alternative since it lets me
choose one way and someone else choose another way. In my
experience, it seems jr. sysprogs seem to like those sort
of things more than experienced sysprogs who understand
what the jobs are doing better (like setting up an smp/e
environment with a certain set of options etc.).

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group