From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tommy Tsui
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 5:03 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: HSM query on dataset migrate

Hi all,

Anyone knows why some of datasets allow migrate from primary to ML1 but
it
never migrate from ML1 to ML2 even I set the following parms on
Management
class...why? I also find some dataset will migrate to ML2 directly but
not
ML1 first...why?  I haven't type  any migrate command...

Migration Attributes
  Primary Days Non-usage  . . . . 0           (0 to 9999 or blank)
  Level 1 Days Non-usage  . . . . 4           (0 to 9999, NOLIMIT or
blank)
  Command or Auto Migrate . . . . BOTH        (BOTH, COMMAND or NONE)

*I am performing a HSM implementation in my site. thanks for shares

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]