Tommy,

What are the thresholds for your ML1 volumes? Nothing will migrate from ML1 to
ML2 until the ML1 volumes reach the specified threshold.

________________________________

From: Tommy Tsui [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 8/25/2006 5:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: HSM query on dataset migrate

Hi all,

Anyone knows why some of datasets allow migrate from primary to ML1 but it
never migrate from ML1 to ML2 even I set the following parms on Management
class...why? I also find some dataset will migrate to ML2 directly but not
ML1 first...why?  I haven't type  any migrate command...

Migration Attributes
  Primary Days Non-usage  . . . . 0           (0 to 9999 or blank)
  Level 1 Days Non-usage  . . . . 4           (0 to 9999, NOLIMIT or blank)
  Command or Auto Migrate . . . . BOTH        (BOTH, COMMAND or NONE)

*I am performing a HSM implementation in my site. thanks for shares

thanks