This has been cross posted to the MXG-L List.

I am creating a process using MXG to summarize or identify consumers in our
SMS Test Pools.  I created my list using the DCOLDSET data base in MXG. When
I presented that to another person more familiar with these data sets, they
determined that some of my entries were incorrect.  That the files had
actually been deleted but they are still showing up in the DCOLLECT data
set.  I browsed my data set from DCOLLECT and they were there.

These files are VSAM and seem to show mostly valid data.  There is space
allocated/used, creation date, storage class, mgmt class, etc....

What I am trying to understand is how I could have "phantom" data sets in
the DCOLLECT process.

Our environment has multiple SMS Test Pools.  So I have, for example, coded
TEST01, TEST02, TEST03, TEST04 and TEST05 in SMS.  Each pool has DASD
volumes defined.  I also have allowed some of the DASD volumes to be managed
by 1 more than 1 SMS Pool.  So DISK01 could be in TEST01, TEST05.

We use Platinum to load our DB2 Data Bases.  And when the job fails due to
lack of space, it is just rerun from the top.

Is it possible that within this process, the VVDS may still contain fragment
information of files that never were completely created?  (That because the
process bombed during load, the VSAM delete never completed?)  Or is there
something else I need to look at to see why I am seeing these "phantom" VSAM
Data sets in DCOLLECT?  They are not in the catalog (only the alias shows
up).  And the volumes they appear to be on are no longer in the system.

And of course the more important question, is the only way to clean this up
is to DFDSS backup, init the pack, create new VVDS, VTOCIX and then reload
the files to that volume?

Thanks for any directional help.

Lizette Koehler