Ray Mullins wrote:
TCBUSER did serve its purpose in the day, but I can remember a time a
conflict occurred in three different products that my then-employer sold.

My company was providing systems maintenance and related services to a service bureau in DC. Apparently one of their executives was a poker buddy with the local CA salesman, who persuaded him to run a performance measurement package (we were running our own, but he didn't care to know that). I told him not to install the package, but never got a chance to explain why. So they lost a week's worth of billing due to conflicting use of TCBUSER. We were able to construct some billing information from the SMF 4/5 records, but it was an expensive lesson for them.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT