Lindy Mayfield wrote:

This bit stood out the most for me:

"According to Sangho Yoon, director of the information strategy team at Samsung, the
decision to move off Big Iron was strictly financial."

Moving their data warehousing and reporting systems to a superdome would make
some sense, but I would think reliability and security would be the top
priority for their operational systems.
Maybe they claim RAS (reliablility, availability, security) is unaffecetd. I'm sure they claim so. Maybe they also believe it. Maybe RAS is really unaffected, or affected at very little degree. *Acceptable* degree. You don't need the best, you need good enough.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland