What kind of testing are you trying to do?  There are date simulator
products like HOURGLASS or I think Compuware has one.  With these products
your applications can pick a date and time to run in and not affect the rest
of the environment.

Lizette

We have a FLEX-ES box with a number of instances (sort of like lpars) and I
would like to ipl one of the instances with a date some time in the future
to do some testing.  However, that instance would "touch" catalogs from our
"production" instance which would be running with the current date.  Is this
a recipe for disaster or will I get away with it.