On Friday, 11/03/2006 at 12:35 CET, "Schiradin,Roland HG-Dir itb-db/dc"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why is the returned area still OCO. What is the secret and why?
> It cause me some days to discover the layout and the prev D204 subtype 5
> detect the length.

Unsatisfying answer to "why?": Because it is a machine-defined interface
that is subject to change without notice and that was never designed or
evaluated (beyond the non-interference requirements) for customer use.

If we answered your "What is the secret?" question, it wouldn't be much of
a secret, would it?  :-)  But, seriously, it's not really a secret in the
cloak-and-dagger sense, it's just that it isn't an defined interface and
is therefore not publicly documented.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

  • DIAG 204 Schiradin,Roland HG-Dir itb-db/dc
    • Re: DIAG 204 Alan Altmark