We are planning to upgrade from z/OS V1.4 to V1.7.  There has come up a concern
over having z/OS V1.7 Language Environment in the TEST/DEVL systems and not in
production.  That programs compiled and LKED with the newer LE would have
issues running in the V1.4 LPARS.

I was thinking of just taking SCEELKED and leaving the V1.4 version in
TEST/DEVL until V1.7 is on the production LPARS.

Does anyone have any indication whether or not we need to leave the V1.4
version in TEST/DEVL or if the V1.7 can be in TEST/DEVL and rolling out to V1.4
LPARs.

Does anyone know of any other application specific concerns with LE?

Thanks....Lizette