In a recent note, John Eells said:

> Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:35:43 -0500
>
>  From the SMP/E Reference:
>
> " The ++PROGRAM MCS describes a program element (a pre-built load
> module or a program object)."

I had forgotten about that; thanks.  (I tend to forget things I
don't regularly use.)  Of course, if the OP is trying to recreate
the former structure of the CSI, changing ++MOD to ++PROGRAM may
be unwelcome.

OK.  From the RM:

   Usage Notes

     * The target and distribution libraries for a program element
       must be a PDS (for pre-built load module) or a PDSE (for a
       program object).

   During the APPLY step, SMP/E retransforms the inline data back into
   a variable spanned (VS) sequential data set. SMP/E then invokes the
   copy utility to copy the retransformed data into the target
   library. The program element and aliases are copied using a COPYMOD
   and SELECT statements.

Won't COPYMOD convert load modules to program objects, slightly
relaxing the restriction?

     * If the program element is packaged inline, it must immediately
       follow the ++PROGRAM MCS and must not contain any records
       starting with ++.

     * To be packaged inline, a program element must be unloaded along
       with its aliases into a sequential data set and then
       transformed into the required fixed-block-80 record format ...

       [implied in the example, but not otherwise stated, that
       GIMDTS is the necessary transforming utility.]

Doesn't using GIMDTS, apparently a requirement, automatically satisfy
the constraint on "++", and make it unnecessary to state?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL