Shane writes:

Whoa, better stop - ain't Friday yet, even here in the Antipodes.

I know that, among other things, 'antipodes' is Britspeak for 'Australia and New Zealand', and thus legitimately plural; but I prefer the definition that makes antipodes come only in opposed pairs (of points on the surface of the earth connected by a straight line through its center).

Australians (and Tasmanians) cannot reasonably be deprived of exclusive rights to the platypus/platypodes pair; but I am not prepared to surrender the [antipus]/antipodes pair to them too. Like octopus/octopodes, it should be shared with the rest of us.

More seriously, we do need a set of FAQ archive references, not least in order to make circumstantially adequate answers to such questions as

How can SYS1.LINKLIB be expanded?

and

What are the job and jobstep maxima for DD statements?

available.

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721-1817
USA