Tim Hare wrote:

I thought the FAQ for us old mainframers was called "RTFM"?

No, it's NOT. Definitely.
In many cases RTFM does not solve someone's problem. There are many (more or less popular) issues, which aren't described or are poorly described or the description is spread among many manuals. So, tt is good to have some FAQ. Maybe even IBM documentation will take advantage of it.
The only problem I see is someone have to maintain it.
Any volunteers ?

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

FAQ author for pl.comp.sys.novell in former life.