Antonio Corrales wrote on 11/15/2006 08:40:57 AM:
> My problem is not with the SORT function. Really is with the MERGE
> function. I will try to explain it
>
> I have two SMF files, F1 and F2
>
> a)   If i merge F1 and F2 with IFASMFDP, it works correctly
>
> b)   If i sort F1 with SPANINC=RC16 default, it works correctly
>
> c)   If i sort F2 with SPANINC=RC16 default, it works correctly
>
> d)   If i merge F1 and F2 with SPANINC=RC16 default, it shows ICE204A 2
> INCOMPLETE SPANNED RECORD DETECTED ON <xxxxxxx> - > RC=16
>
>Frank, i will send you the //SYSOUT messages if you want to see them)

Yes, please add the following to your jobs so I can see the diagnotic
messages:

//SORTDIAG DD DUMMY

and send the //SYSOUT messages for b), c) and d) to me ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
so I
can have a look.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Specialties: PARSE, JFY, SQZ, ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/