Bob,

  I think your suggestion is correct.   I will use the EXPDT=99365.

  Can this parm apply to non CA-1 tape management system?  For example RMM?

Bob Shannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  >Prior to the Y2K era, I used the parm :RETPD=99365. Is this still
applicable?

I think you want EXPDT=99365. 99365 and 99366 indicate the tapes will
never be scratched. I don't think you can specify permanent retention
using RETPD.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software