-- snip --
> Correct, the RESERVE macro only sets a bit that the next CCW chain to
> the device should include the CCW to effectuate the Reserve.

Doesn't it depend on SYCHNRES setting in GRS ?

BTW: I think it is unrelated to my doubt. My questions is (I'll try to
rephrase it) : Does RESERVE cause lock on local system as regular ENQ does
?
-- snip --

I forgot about SYNCHRES. Yes you are right it depends on the setting.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cause lock on local system'.

When you code the RESERVE macro, you specify the qname and rname. In
addition to the Hardware reserve, you will also get an enqueue for the
qname/rname combination. If you add the SYSTEMS parameter you'll get a
global enqueue.

For example.            RESERVE
(QNAME,VOLUME,E,6,SYSTEMS),UCB=UCB_PTR,LOC=ANY

I actually just tried the macro with no SYSTEMS parm. but the expansion is
the same. So I suspect that the enqueue is always a global enqueue.

John