Try logon applid=

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Johnny Luo
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: What is 'VTAM application name'?(Confirmation needed)

Hi,

I got this question when I was reading the communication server manual.

Take Netview Access as example. On our system, there is a VTAM minor
node
definiton for it:

A06NVAS APPL EAS=160,ACBNAME=TSTNVAS1,AUTH=(ACQ,BLOCK,PASS)

Firstly I add one line in tcpip profile for tn3270 telnet server:

RESTRICTAPPL TSTNVAS1
    USER MD0006

Then I use 'LOGON APPLID(TSTNVAS1)' to log to NVAS and I get prompted
for
user id and password. If I use 'LOGON APPLID(A06NVAS)' instead, I just
got
into NVAS without prompt.

And if I change it to:

RESTRICTAPPL A06NVAS
    USER MD0006

This time there is user id prompt for 'LOGON APPLID(A06NVAS)' but none
for
'LOGON APPLID(TSTNVAS1)'.

And on our logon panel, we can just issue 'NVAS' to access Netview
Access -
I know this is just a shortcut coded in USS table.

Now I change it to:

RESTRICTAPPL NVAS
   USER MD0006

'LOGON APPLID(A06NVAS)', 'LOGON APPLID(TSTNVAS1)' and 'NVAS' will not
generate any prompt. But if i use 'LOGON APPLID(NVAS)', a user id prompt
appears.

Can any VTAM expert give me some hint to better understand this?

--
Best Regards,
Johnny Luo