On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:56:07 -0600, Mark Steely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We are z/OS V1R4 and going to z/OS V1R7. Can the spool be shared between
>the 2 systems?
>We are upgrading this weekend and I usually unload the JES2 Queues and
>reload the spool after the upgrade.
>I thought I heard I did not need to do that. I could use the same
>SPOOL's and switch back and forth if the need arises.
>
>Should I perform a backup. Would a full volume backup work or should I
>use OFFLOAD option?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Since that is (was) a supported migration path, the answer is certainly yes.
Of course you need to make sure you have all the coexistence maintenance
applied to your z/OS 1.4 system(s).

All of this is covered in the planning manuals:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/E0Z2BK61

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO