I need to clarify (correct) my earlier message. The sequential terminals
we use for this capability on z/OS only use the printer half of the card
reader/line printer definition. This printer-only method doesn't work on
VSE (if anyone cares) because.....that's just the way they (IBM) did it
on VSE.

Following is an example of the DFHTCTs we use to gen one for z/OS (we
can use multiple TCT entries of this type):

         DFHTCT  TYPE=SDSCI,                                           *
               DDNAME=TCPTERMS,                                        *
               DEVICE=1403,                                            *
               DSCNAME=PRTC01
         DFHTCT  TYPE=LINE,                                            *
               ACCMETH=SEQUENTIAL,                                     *
               INAREAL=1,                                              *
               TRMTYPE=U/R,                                            *
               OSADSCN=PRTC01
         DFHTCT  TYPE=TERMINAL,                                        *
               TRMIDNT=TC01,                                           *
               TIOAL=1,                                                *
               TRMSTAT=(RECEIVE)

...and use a DD like the following:

//TCPTERMS DD DUMMY,DCB=(DSORG=PS,RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=133)

Randy Evans, Viaserv, Inc.

> We have successfully defined sequential terminals for this purpose, in
> CICS/TS 2.2. It requires a TCT assembly - no RDO allowed for these.
Check