On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 19:43 +1000, George Kozakos wrote:

> > but I don't know where to look for information about it.
> > Could you tell me where can I look for?
>
> The manual is
>  SY27-2641-02  9037 Maintenance Manual

Being at home at present, I'm presuming this is the manual about the
size of a (large) novel.
Paper only, from IBM only IIRC.

There are *very* specific protocol requirements which I presume you know
about. NTP won't do the job, and from memory you need to be within 5
seconds of the time source, or the synch is dropped.
I'll have a look when I get into the office tomorrow.

Of course IBM are now encouraging us to consider (real) sysplex timers
as just outdated junk what with STP being the new kid in town.
Looking after the current users as always...

Shane ...