From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robert A. Rosenberg
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 11:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 3490 off maintenance June 30 2007

At 14:47 -0500 on 03/30/2007, Pommier, Rex R. wrote about Re: 3490 off
maintenance June 30 2007:

>  And, before somebody tells me to just append the logs to a larger
>capacity tape, I can't.  We have a purchased package that requires each

>of the log files to be in a separate dataset for nightly processing.

Which does not preclude stacking them up onto the same tape by just
upping the File-Sequence-Number for each backup. So long as the files
are cataloged, the tape will spin to the correct dataset when opened for
input to your program. It is not that hard to write a program that will
keep track of the last FileSeq used and do an update to the JFCB (or do
the catalog) before using it for the open (or open the newly cataloged
Dataset as DISP=MOD in the next step).

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html