From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Thompson, Steve
Sent: Wednesday April 04 2007 13:50
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM to the PCM market(the sky is falling!!!the sky is
falling!!)

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ray Mullins
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:33 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
falling!!)

Steve,

About 3 years ago, when I worked at CIMS Lab, Inc. (now part of IBM as
Tivoli UAM) and got a FLEX-ES through PWD, we were told explicitly what
mentioned, by both resellers.

<snip>

US Courts have held that what a sales person tells you and what the
contract says means nothing. That is, the contract is above what the
sales person says. And it was/is in the best interests of T3 and
Cornerstone (or any of the other Tier 1s) to sell machines, so I can see
them telling you this so they can make another sale.

I'd read the contract for myself, and then, ask IBM's PWD persons what
can be done in a case like this if the verbiage says no. After all,
contracts are negotiable.

Regards,
Steve Thompson