On Tue, 1 May 2007 07:22:09 -0500, Debbie Mitchell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Is there any way to determine who was holding a reserve after the fact?  I
>had a situation where systemA was holding an exclusive enq on a catalog but
>systemB had the volume reserved.  The job holding the catalog enq on
systemA
>was cancelled, thus resolving the contention, before I could issue the
>appropriate commands to determine who was holding the reserve.  I'd still
>like to know, however, who/what was holding the reserve on systemB so I
can
>possibly avoid the problem in the future.  systemA is at z/OS 1.7 and
>systemB is at z/OS 1.4.
>
>TIA,
>Debbie Mitchell

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

If you are running RMF with ENQ(DETAIL) as an option, you should be able to
execute the RMF post-processor with REPORTS(ENQ).  This won't tell you
exactly what is causing the problem, but it should get you close enough that
you can surmise what's going on.