Bielskie, Stephen wrote:
I have a REXX program that scans through the ASCBs to collect information about active STCs, JOBs, etc. It appears the address of a started task name is located in the storage pointed to by the ASCBJBNS field. If ASCBJBNS is zero, then I check to see if it is an initiated job by reading in ASCBJBNI field. I guess since the OMVS subtask (such as INETD) are run under BPX initiators, they are considered initiated jobs and the name of the task is in the ASCBJBNI field.
The question is:
Does anyone know a way to tell if an initiated job is an OMVS task or a batch
job, programmatically?  The ASCB doesn't seem to contain that information.

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Bielskie
Assistant Vice President
CIO - TIS - Mainframe Princeton
KITF

Well, this paper might give you some helpful clues; in
particular look around pp 130-135.

http://www.trainersfriend.com/Papers/zOS_Unix_and_Language_Environment.pdf

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques