From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bielskie, Stephen
Sent: 10 May 2007 11:30
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: ASCB question

I have a REXX program that scans through the ASCBs to collect
information about active STCs, JOBs, etc.   It appears the address of a
started task name is located in the storage pointed to by the ASCBJBNS
field.  If ASCBJBNS is zero, then I check to see if it is an initiated
job by reading in ASCBJBNI field.   I guess since the OMVS subtask (such
as INETD) are run under BPX initiators, they are considered initiated
jobs and the name of the task is in the ASCBJBNI field.

The question is:
Does anyone know a way to tell if an initiated job is an OMVS task or a
batch job, programmatically?  The ASCB doesn't seem to contain that
information.

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Bielskie
Assistant Vice President
CIO - TIS - Mainframe Princeton
KITF

CREDIT  SUISSE

Princeton, NJ
Telephone : (609) 243-0711
Email :[EMAIL PROTECTED]

======
Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
communications disclaimer:

======