On 10 May 2007 10:52:02 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (R.S.) wrote:

>It still takes a place in Europe. Engineer is a title assigned by technical
>univeristy to a graduate.
>In Poland (and not only) only government-approved organizations can be named
>university
>(or polytechnic) and only those schools can  assigne title of engineer. The
>same apply to
>medical doctor - only medical university can assign the title, only
>government-approved
>school can be medical univeristy. Any university (technical, medical, others)
>graduate is
>assigned with "magister" title. My dictionary says Master of Science, but I
>believe it's called
>"masters degree".

http://www.onelook.com/?loc=pub&w=masters%20degree implies that
"master's degree" is a more common spelling.

Do they have any grand fathered "engineer" titles, such as used in the
U.S. for the person who drives a train locomotive?

My wife told me that getting my master's did not qualify me for a
mistress.   Waste of lots of money, time and work.

I wonder if some tech could put out a shingle that calls him a
"computer doctor", without such a degree.