Chase, John wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Shmuel Metz (Seymour
J.)
[ snip ]

Effects: In Albania salary of minister was 2.5 times larger than cleaning lady.
ROTF,LMAO! The nominal salary and the real salary were quite different. Party bosses lived high off the hog, as you know full well.

The President of the United States get, what, a $400,000 annual salary?
And a tenure limited by the Constitution to 8 years maximum.

Yet a dozen or more people will collectively spend nearly a billion
dollars to "apply for" that job!

Explain that!

    -jc-

At that level its not money, its the power and other perks.

--
Mark Jacobs
Technical Services

I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Robert A. Heinlein - The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (1966)