Jim,
      Change the W-S fields to this:

01  ZTERMCID PIC X(8)  VALUE '(TCCSID)'.
01  LCCSID   PIC 9(6)  comp VALUE 5.

Kurt Gramling

I'm trying to convert the following pseudo code to run under COBOL -

DCL TCCSID CHAR(5); /* TERMINAL CCSID */

CALL ISPLINK('VDEFINE','ZTERMCID',TCCSID,'CHAR',

LENGTH(TCCSID));

CALL ISPLINK('VGET ','ZTERMCID','SHARED ');
and I've come up with -

WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
01  TCCSID   PIC X(5).
01  LCCSID   PIC S9(8) VALUE 5.
01  VDEFINE  PIC X(8)  VALUE 'VDEFINE '.
01  ZTERMCID PIC X(8)  VALUE 'ZTERMCID'.
01  CHAR     PIC X(4)  VALUE 'CHAR'.
01  VGET     PIC X(8)  VALUE 'VGET    '.
01  SHARED   PIC X(8)  VALUE 'SHARED  '.
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
    CALL 'ISPLINK' USING
         VDEFINE ZTERMCID TCCSID CHAR LCCSID.
    DISPLAY RETURN-CODE UPON SYSOUT.
    CALL 'ISPLINK' USING
         VGET ZTERMCID SHARED.
    DISPLAY RETURN-CODE UPON SYSOUT.
    DISPLAY TCCSID UPON SYSOUT
    GOBACK.

but I'm getting rc=20 - severe error from both calls to ISPLINK.  It's 20
years since I've done any of this stuff and I've been looking at it all
afternoon  without success.  Can someone put me out of my Friday afternoon
misery please.  Is it time to go home yet.

Jim