I have a CSI dataset with many different target and dlib zones defined for
different products and different versions of those products.

Can the following datasets be shared between all the zones?

SMPPTS, SMPLTS, SMPMTS, SMPSDS, SMPSCDS

Specifically, I'm dealing with a skeleton JCL job that allocates the SMPE
datasets and contains sample UCLIN and ADD DDDEF statements but the
sample only gives an example of a CSI with one DLIB and TARGET zone.

The purpose of these data sets is to contain all the information for managing the associated TARGET and DLIB zones. The problem with different products is that there is the possibility that different vendors might elect to use the same name for some component that could cause a problem.

If each entry (sysmod, module, macro, etc) were unique then there is no problem in putting everything together. If something occurs that cannot be differentiated, then it is possible for the SMPMTS, SMPLTS, or SMPSTS to contain something with the same name which clearly would be a problem.

The SMPPTS only contains SYSMODS, so there is no problem here unless some duplicate name would occur.

Anyway ... my two cents

Adam