Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:
Picking up on something Paul G. said in another thread, I realized I have
never known *why* the system issues JOB scope ENQ's on DSN's.

I do realize that it is most probably to avoid an ENQ "deadly embrace"
somewhere along the line, but for the life of me (well, and maybe because
it's Friday) I can't think why a DSN ENQ would be JOB scope instead of STEP
scope.  At least not by default, anyway.

I've never heard of an ENQ with job scope. A quick look at the ISGENQ service shows the following scope values:

<Doc from ISGENQ macro prolog>
SCOPE=STEP
   indicates that the resource is
   serialized only within an