From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of GAVIN Darren * OPS EAS
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Read JCL Symbols from a program?

The user defined symbols in JCL are handled by the JES (or equivalent)
facilities.

There is no information I could find on how to access these, other them
passing them on a PARM= statement.

I suspect there is some callable JES service for it, however it's probably
1. an Authorized Program so application programs wouldn't be able to access
it.  And 2. Proprietary information, which means IBM hasn't published how to
use it, meaning one would need to contact IBM for the information on it.