On 6/25/07, Arthur T. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
      However, in terms of testing a sysprog:  A much
better test than being able to hack a system is being able
to undo the results of such a hack.  I've seen users
accidentally bring a system to its knees, and a sysprog's
job is to get the system going again without an IPL, and
with minimal impact on schedules and people.
<snip>

Agreed!  In 25 years of Sysprog work I've always tried to fix problems, not
create them.

--
Mark Pace
Mainline Information Systems