Hello everyone,

I have a question to ask of the group.

I currently have an IBM7060 H75 processor running OS 390 2.10.  We are
currently going into our sixth year of a two year phase out of the
mainframe.
Since everything is non supported management is looking into upgrading
the processor to a 2096 R07 (F02) box and operating system to the latest
ZOS version, since it now looks like it would be another two to three
years before can be converted off. If I can come up with a list of
jufitications for upgrading the processor and operating system. The
system then might be taken off the endangered species list.

        1.      SOX hardware and software compliance.
        2.      All software will be vendor supported.
        3.      Installation of ZVM which would allow us to run LINUX on
the box.
        4.      All new applications to be considered to on the
platform.

Thanks for any information that I can get.

Frank W Sabo Jr
SR. Systems Administrator
Phone: 412 967-3764
Fax:    412 967-6120