FYI....

________________________________

        From: CICS List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mary Rees
        Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 7:11 AM

        I also contacted Mark about the IBMLink outages, and he said I
could post this information to the CICS List:

        Due to  the IBMLINK/ServiceLink  Web outages over the past week,
we are taking this opportunity to convey to you our sincere apologies
for impacting your productivity and inform you of our planned actions
taking place to improve availability of the various web tools you use
from IBM.  As you know the ServiceLink VM systems will remain available
pending stability of the IBMLINK/ServiceLink web platform.    We
acknowledge  that restoring access to VM  IBMLINK:ServiceLink  platform
was an appropriate next step to provide a stable alternative and thank
those of you who have taken that step.

        The IBMLINK/ServiceLink Web service was disrupted on July 30 and
31 for approximately 3 hours each day due to a Information Technology
Infrastructure problem with the IBM Web Authentication system used by
over 150 web applications and currently houses over 5 Million registered
users worldwide.  That root cause of that IT Infrastructure issue was
rectified as of the end of July 31.

        As regards the ServiceLink  outage of August 1 for approximately
5 hours, there were two unique root causes.   One issue was that  the
IBM Web Authentication incorrect system setting change and secondly an
error in the Domain Name Server caused IBM Web Authentication and other
applications like  IBMLINK/ServiceLink web platform requests to fail in
the IBM Network.

        IBM has an architecture to enhance the IBM Web Authentication
service redundancy.  A major deliverable of this is being targeted for
completion by 4Q 2007 close.   Prior to then IBM is freezing any system
changes related to IBM Web Authentication to maximize stability.

        Please let me know if you continue to see problems, or if you
would like me to pass along any feedback to the IBMLink team.
        Thanks,
        Mary Rees
        Tel 444-7433
        Q33A - CICS Knowledge Engineer
        Research Triangle Park, NC     Bldg 503-3, Office M316
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Steve Ware <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Sent by: CICS List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        07/31/2007 12:07 PM
                Please respond to
        CICS List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                cc

                Subject
                Re: IBMLink down

        Here's what Mark Fyffe said today in reply to notes I've
        sent him (and others) regarding IBMLink 2000 outages:

        From: Mark Fyffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        Hi Steve,

        There is a great deal of focus on the problems.  There have been
some
        short term steps taken with each problem that has arisen and
there is
        a long term plan which is in the process of being approved.  In
the
        meantime we will continue to provide access to the 3270
interface
        until the stability of IBMLink is acceptable.

        I understand the frustration and can assure you this has the
highest
        level of attention.

        Mark

        US Program Manager - SoftwareXcel
        845-433-3067/8-293-3067

        On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Williams, Dave (Exchange) wrote:

        > Once again... "Our apologies... The page you requested cannot
be
        > displayed" Oh well.
        >
        > Dave W.

PCS