Amdahl had its own Unix called UTS.  I think it was well regarded, but
never really took off.  Did another company take it over when Amdahl was
acquired?

And there was Amdahl's Huron, a rule-driven database.  I ended up teaching
an internal class on it at Amdahl when the regular instructor fell ill. It
was quite interesting, in both good ways and bad ways.  It also never took
off (terrible interface, for one thing, and not made by a major database
vendor for another).  It was later sold and renamed ObjectStar.  I never
hear anything about it; I don't know if it disappeared or just became a
niche product.

--
Jack Hamilton
Management Information & Analysis - Analytic Information Services

NOTE:  This email document and attachments are covered by CA Evidence Code
§1157 and CA Health and Safety Code §1370.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
saving them.  Thank you.

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 08/03/2007
08:43:30 AM: