Tom Marchant said:
>Really?  Who do you think used overlays?  It was SOP for application
programmers where I came from when running in MVT.  > Debugging isn't
particularly an issue.  Of course, the Linkage Editor can't resolve an
external reference to a module
> that is in a different leg.

Tom, you're talking about folks who were familiar with writing programs
when virtual storage was very limited. MVT has been gone for a long
time. I know there are probably a few silver backs who could still
structure and write an overlay program, but I would be willing to bet
that the majority of today's application folks never even heard of
overlay although it would be a good history lesson for an assembler
class.

Jon L. Veilleux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(860) 636-2683

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna