Hello Willie,

First, the closing apostrophe should be between the close parentheses

  XMIT  NYZ380.ZAWTPWG DA('CNTL.JCL(SMSJOB1)')

To your second question - XMIT will not allow you to specify a PDS(E) member
in the OUTDS operand.  However, you can ALLOCATE a PDS member and specify
the DDNAME in the OUTDD parameter.

ALLOC DD(XMITOUT) DA(XMIT(TEST)) SHR
XMIT ABC.DEFG DA(CNTL(JOBCARD)) OUTDD(XMITOUT)
FREE DD(XMITOUT)

RECEIVE will support a PDS(E) member for INDS, or you can do the same
ALLOCATE trick.

Best regards,
Ray

--
M. Ray Mullins
Roseville, CA, USA

German is essentially a form of assembly language consisting entirely of far
calls heavily accented with throaty guttural sounds. ---ilvi
French is essentially German with messed-up pronunciation and spelling.
--Robert B Wilson
English is essentially French converted to 7-bit ASCII.  ---Christophe
Pierret [for Alain LaBonté]