R.S. wrote:
Ed Gould wrote:
On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:10 AM, R.S. wrote:

Mike Feeley wrote:
I'm thinking of changing PLPA to the minimum size of 1 cylinder and letting it overflow into the COMMON page dataset. Is there any issues with allocating a huge COMMON page dataset?

I would ask WHY ?
Why do you want PLPA to overflow into COMMON page ?

It was "recommended" years ago by a guru and no one dares to question the "guru".

I know it WAS. My question was rather rhetorical.
Many rules of thumb went obsoleted over the years.

I setup all my environments that way. Even if it no longer has any performance benefits it won't hurt anything and doing it that way is one less thing to worry about.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

Pound pastrami, can kraut, six bagels -- bring home for Emma.

Isaac Edward Leibowitz (Saint Leibowitz)
A Canticle for Leibowitz