IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 09/12/2007
12:46:24 PM:

> Mark Zelden wrote:
> > ...  I think the
> > decision to remove suspend/resume was based on issues that
> > kept cropping up with pav and paging.
> >

> Must have been a fairly serious issue of some sort. Why else would they
> change the behavior via APAR and not on a release boundary?

  There is some prior discussion in the archives:

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0602&L=ibm-main&P=R27468&I=1&X=-

  We had already been planning to remove ASM use of suspend/resume
via the HyperPAV support APARs, since HyperPAV didn't mesh well with
suspend resume.  Then another problem cropped up with dynamic PAV and
suspend/resume, and we did not have an elegant solution.  Since we
we going to be removing suspend/resume anyway, we simply removed
it a little earlier.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY