Add another service class period with very low (or non-performing goals)
the affected service class. When the user(s) reach the Service Unit
Limit and drop into the "last" period. Very little or no service will be
consumed.

You will probably have to experiment to find the correct Service Unit
Limits
For your installation.

<snip>
"bwstorts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> We would like to basically quiesce or severely limit a job or tso id
> once it has used a certain amount of cpu. anyone know how to do this?
> Resource groups don't work, since everyone in the resource group gets
> capped by the one person hogging up the cpu. Using service class
> periods and bumping down to discretionary doesn't work, since even at
> discretionary you can chew up a lot of cpu (we have lots of cpu in the
> morning, but then we cap in the afternoon). We are trying to stop an
> individual from making our cap happen earlier in the day then we want.
</snip>