IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 10/04/2007
12:14:02 PM:

> I'd appreciate that.  We did not install it yet, but I expect to receive
the
> software sometime this week.  We use DFSMS also, but I don't want to use
> CA-Allocate the replace it.  I wonder if that can just be turned
> off??? I mainly
> want to use it for its "StopX37" abilities and to get high water
> mark reports by
> HLQ.  I was told that it can be interfaced with Vantage to provide nice
> reports.

CA-Allocate co-exists well with DFSMS. Read the user guide throughly to
understand how it works. I use it to control dataset placement for
datasets that are not SMS managed and the StopX37 type functions.

I do not use Quota but it looks like it will provide the highwater
marks you seek.

We have CA-Vantage as well. The pools defined in CA-Allocate will show
up as VAM pools instead of SMS pools when you look at allocated vs.
capacity.
Regards,
John