No Problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ulrich Krueger
Sent: 14 November 2007 05:56 nm
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 3590 TAPE Drive F-BOX status

Herbie,
That may be another possibility.
However, the clunkers I worked with in the past seemed to require a
different touch. If I had a tape drive go offline/boxed because of a
hardware error in the drive and the drive had to be repaired, quite
frequently a 'vary online' wouldn't work. Don't ask me why, but that's
how
it was. We assumed that it was a problem with the RS6000 masquerading as
control unit not properly recognizing that the drive was OK again, not
resetting itself internally and not properly communicating that fact to
the
M/F. A reboot of the control unit always helped get everything back to
working again.

Regards,
Ulrich Krueger