On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:30:48 -0800, Walter Marguccio
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Since you are dealing with a target (maintenance) data set, an alternate
method would be to rename it via ISPF 3.4 VOLUME list.  Even though
it is ENQed, you can do this with the proper RACF authority (Search
the archives of this list, ISPF-L, or google for more details).  After you
rename it you can do what you please (delete / re-alloc) and then
rename it back. Obviously ... YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE
NOT RENAMING THE "REAL" DATA SET.  With the proper authority,
for the rename, you could rename you live SYS1.LINKLIB and
delete it... and the system will let you do so.

Also, even if you want to do it the other way... there is no reason to
stop LLA on every system (nor would you want to since that impacts
performance).  You can just create a CSVLLAxx member with
REMOVE(data.set.name) and use F LLA,UPDATE=xx instead.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]