To expand on the original question, we have a network link between 2 sites
that can't handle the default MTU size as defined on the Ethernet cards on
the HMC console (it's a z9).

We have a few options available to us to resolve this, and, as some have so
helpfully pointed out, one of those is to get the network configuration changed
to allow the MTU size. While our network colleagues are investigating the
impact to live services of that change, we were just wondering if any one had
altered the MTU on a z9 HMC Ethernet card? Or, less specifically, has anyone
logged into native linux on their z9? We believe we could alter this value with
an IFCONIG command. Apparently it is possible but we are struggling to get
hold of the default user ID and password. (If anyone knows them it’d be
greatly appreciated if they’d email me off list!)

We may very well end up needing to make the change to the network to
resolve this 'challenge' but personally i would rather have as many options
open to us as possible and would only put our clients connectivity at risk only
as a last resort (if at all!).

Thanks in advance.