Radoslaw,

Try "F OMVS,SHUTDOWN" instead.  It works for me...

Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: curiousity: why CONFIG instead of VARY?

McKown, John wrote:
> In the deep, dark, past, I remember that we used the VARY command to
> change the status of things such as storage, CPs, and channels. Now,
> some things such as DEVICES are manipulated via the VARY command
> whereas others, such as the CHPs, are manipulated via the CONFIG
command.
> Anybody have any idea why? Or how it was decided which things were
> VARY'd and others CONFIG'd?

I don't know exactly, but I strongly believe it was the same reason why
VTAM is stopped with HALT command. <vbg>

BTW: Is the HALT used elsewhere ?

BTW2: One of the most awful commands I know:
F BPXOINIT,SHUTDOWN=FORKINIT
Couldn't it be longer, with more punctuation marks ? <g>

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland