From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: curiousity: why CONFIG instead of VARY?

In the deep, dark, past, I remember that we used the VARY command to
change the status of things such as storage, CPs, and channels. Now,
some things such as DEVICES are manipulated via the VARY command whereas
others, such as the CHPs, are manipulated via the CONFIG command.
Anybody have any idea why? Or how it was decided which things were
VARY'd and others CONFIG'd?

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer