-------------------<snip>--------------------

On one of our account, a production dataset is deleted. We
Greetings,

On one of our account, a production dataset is deleted. We have to find the userid of the person who deleted that specific dataset. I know that we can extract the SMF records with IFASMFDP and Sort the record type 17 for it. However, I am not sure what would be the sort JCL and sort control statements for it.
Could you please guide me or provide a sample jcl which could extract the SMF
dataset and find the userid.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You need the Dataset Monitor tool from the CBT tape (www.cbttape.org) . It processes SMF data to give you exactly what you're looking for.