In a message dated 2/4/2008 11:54:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>The reason that you need to is that when using EXCP or BSAM, then  OPEN
only gives you access to one volume at a time.
... etc.
... etc.

I have never done an EXTEND or altered the volume sequence  number in the
JFCB, which I now recollect is what you are doing,  so my comments do not fit
your situation.  Sorry for the  confusion.

Bill  Fairchild
Rocket Software

48)