On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:23:14 -0700, Howard Brazee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On 4 Mar 2008 12:03:30 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Schwarz,
>Barry A) wrote:
>
>>I've never seen any SDSF data in ISPF Help.  SDSF does have help panels.
>>They are not bad as reference but it is difficult to find anything if
>>you don't already know the exact command.  For example, is FINDLIM a
>>command or an operand on the SET command?  If SDSF Help had an index and
>>a tutorial like ISPF, I think it would be more useful.  While I do have
>>some success with ISPF, Windows and even SDSF Help, I must admit to
>>being a manual bigot.  It is just much easier for me to find what I want
>>in a PDF.
>
>Even with a manual, what do you do if you remember there is a FLIP
>command (flipping excluded and non excluded lines in edit or view).
>But you don't remember what it's called.   You try SWAP, EXCHANGE,
>etc.   How do you find it?

You use words that describe what the command / function does (like "exclude*").
This is the same thing you would do to search the MVS commands manual
(or any other manual) or even a search engine.   It may take you a few tries
or different keywords but you should find it eventually.

I think the point of the OP is that there is no standard way to search ISPF
help that is contained in panels.

So to answer the OP:   What I would do (and have done in the past) is
to use PDS86 (and it's predecessors / sister product) to search the panel
library or a SYSHELP concatenated library.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]