I have a question about LE-compliant assembler programs: at our shop we
only write LE-compliant assembler programs.The programs must be able to
run in every environment used in the company: MVS batch, IMS and CICS.
Programs created using  the LE-provided macros (CEEENTRY, CEEDSA, CEEPPA
et al) normally allocate extra space on the LE-stack for temporary
variables. They cannot contain a WSA (Writable Static Area) because that
would make them non-reentrant and makes it impossible to use them in a
CICS transaction.

This poses no problems in most situations but sometimes we would like to
maintain a 'state' in a program that is saved between different calls to
the program within a transaction. This would be similar to COBOL
WORKING-STORAGE variables (as opposed to COBOL LOCAL-STORAGE variables
that behave exactly like the temporary variables on the LE stack in the
assembler programs) that are saved between different calls to the
program under the same transaction instance while different transactions
instances under CICS have there own copy of this storage.

I don't know how to achieve this behaviout in a LE-compliant assembler
module... I looked at PSECTs but I am not sure if this is the solution
to this problem or how to use them in a mixed language environment
(COBOL, PL/I and assembler).  Can anybody give nme a clue how I can
create and manage my 'instance-storage'?

Thanks,

Fred!
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.